My 4 month old has diarrhea and diaper rash

hi i been a mom for 4months now and my baby  has diarrhea its been 6 days now and hasn't gotten any better and why ever i try do whip his butt if hurt him wat can i do to get rid of this. please help.

chenoa16

Asked by chenoa16 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Start by taking the kid to a licensed medical professional who will determine the cause of the diarrhea.
    In the meantime, plain water and cotton balls to clean the affected area and a moisture blocking salve to prevent further irritation.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• 6 days and the only thought you have had is to ask a bunch of strangers without medical degrees?

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• take him to the doctor to find out the reason for the diarrhea. to soothe the rash, get some a&d ointment, not the paste, but the ointment.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• thanx a lot
    chenoa16

Comment by chenoa16 (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• 6 days??? And you haven't taken the baby to a doctor YET???? Or at the very least called tth doc??? What's wrong with you??
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• i call the clinic but its the weekend and no clinic is open and i called my helping hands nurse and she just said but some desiten on it thats all. theres nothing wong with me.
    chenoa16

Comment by chenoa16 (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• There is something wrong with you if you have a 4 month old that has been sick for 6 days and you did nothing about it till the weekend! Is the baby getting enough fluids? Is she retaining enough fluids? Do you even know? Take them to an urgent care today!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• yes hes getting enough fluids and i call my mom and she said that garterad and then put some water in it and thats all because my brother had the same thing she took him to the doctor and thats wat he said to do . i just wanted to see if it gotten any better in the few days or so but i guess not.
    chenoa16

Comment by chenoa16 (original poster) at 1:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• 4 month old babies can dehydrate and die from diarrhea lasting this long.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• hes not dehydrated he just as diarrhea
    chenoa16

Comment by chenoa16 (original poster) at 1:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2013