hi, I'm 41 weeks pregnant on tuesday, obviously over due!! how can I make my baby come? I'm sick of waiting I just want her here :( xx

amberwelsh

Asked by amberwelsh at 1:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2013 in General Parenting

• Doctor can induce.

Answer by louise2 at 1:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• Walk walk walk walk walk. Have sex. Walk some more. Have more sex. Seriously!

Due dates can be off by two weeks in EITHER direction. You can ask the doc to induce, but be aware that induction carries risks to you and baby.

Much as you want her here, I'd enjoy the last few baby-free days. The final days of sleeping a full night; you never will again for the rest of your life!

Answer by gdiamante at 1:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• Maybe she will never come and you're really just fat?? Or you might just be the only woman on earth to NEVER have the baby. Maybe you'll still be pregnant with an 18 year old.... Can you imagine? You could be in the Guinness Book of World Records....!!!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• trying to force the delivery of a baby with at home remedies is as successful as forcing the date of menstruation.
    both require medical intervention.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• Surely you have discussed with your OB what the plan is? They usually don't let you go more than 2 weeks over without inducing, either your due date could be wrong, but I would talk to your doctor, and don't "try" to make a baby come.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 2:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• The old wives' tales involve climbing stairs repeatedly, eating spicy foods, and having sex. I had sex the night before my baby came, but I don't know if that had anything to do with her coming. Something about the prostaglandins in the semen triggering softening of the cervix, I think. Other than that, I wouldn't mess with anything like castor oil or primrose oil or the other dangerous potions out there that usually induce vomiting and diarrhea rather than labor. Best wishes for a safe delivery and a healthy baby.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• You can't. You are not in charge of your body at this time. You wait or go for medical intervention. You might only be 39 weeks since due dates are estimates. Give it a little more time. I promise you will not be pregnant forever.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• I don't think anything but induction helps.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• Let her come when she's good and ready to come. Don't force the issue. You'll only cause problems.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2013