Swollen fingers?

Last night I went to bed and my ring finger a little swollen I have been sick with a cold for the past few days and thought maybe it was just a bug bite so I took some allergy medicine and dosed off. Woke up this morning and now 3 of my fingers are swollen. I just took some Motrin and now I am waiting for my husband to come home to take me to the ER. Has anyone had this issue before?? They don't hurt and now looking at them I don't see any bite mark. I didn't eat anything out of the norm yesterday. They are not red either just swollen and itchy. Should I take more allergy medicine?

I took some benadryl and decided to go to the ER tomorrow if it doesn't go away.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2013 in Health

• It doesn't have to be a bite, it can be an allergy to anything you've exposed your fingers to. From dish soap to food, to poison ivy or oak. You could also have some sort of Cellulitis.   The only person that can clear up this mystery is a physician.   

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• There could be something wrong with your circulatory system that can cause swelling. ER might be the best idea.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:15 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• You have a cold. Have you been drinking plenty of water?
    When I have a cold I can't taste my food and I tend to add more salt.
    Extra salt, less water than needed and swollen fingers and eventually ankles.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:22 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• Do you see some kind of bite, it may be as simple as you haven't been getting enough fluids, I dont' think unless you see some kind of bite, this is ER worthy.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 2:33 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• Try to put your hand in cold water. And evelvatet it. Take some benadryl.

Answer by louise2 at 3:03 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• I was thinking a water pill might help. But not sure if you can mix that with the Benedryl. My fingers naturally swell a little at night, so I usually take off my rings before bed. Hope you figure out what's causing it.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2013