I NEED HELP!!! BRIDAL SHOWER IDEAS.......

Last April I hosted my sister's bridal shower and did the "panty line" poem for her.. Now that our friend (who i consider my 2nd little sister) is getting married. I am being a co-host for this one too and now facing pressure to do something just as clever/funny for her... I'm known for the creative bit, but I cannot find or think of ANYTHING!!! I can't do the panty line again obviously because most of the same people will be there... I need some ideas asap... PLEASE HELP!!! WE DONT WANT A BRIDZILLA :) HAHAHA... She is not easily embarrassed and actually would like something funny, but she is marrying a friend of ours who is a pastor and his mother will be there, so nothing TOO raunchy but we can still have some fun :)

mfialdrdickhaus

Asked by mfialdrdickhaus at 2:27 PM on Oct. 6, 2013 in Relationships

• At one of my showers the guests all brought two recipes. One was for a favorite dish, and the other was each guest's recipe for a happy marriage / future.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• I've never hosted a shower, but when I had mine twenty-some years ago, my friends took many of the bedroom gifts and strung them up on a ribbon across the room for all to se. I had to follow the ribbon and hold up each of the gifts as I untied it. The general practice is to blindfold the bride-to-be before she sees the ribbon so she doesn't know what lacy little treats she will stumble upon, but I'm already blind, so we skipped that step. It was all young girls, so they even wanted me to model some. They made me a cake with a guy on it wearing nothing but a pair of shorts fashioned entirely out of red sprinkles so I could touch it. Have fun!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• I've done this game two ways, one at a shower, one I play regularly at my parties.
    The guests have a blank paper and pen, and they have to draw the bride. Trick is they must put the sheet of papaer on their head while doing it, and put the pen back down between each step.
    #1 Draw a circle for the bride's head (put the pen down)
    #2 Draw her gown
    #3 Draw her bouquet
    #4 Draw her shoes
    #5 Draw her smiling face
    #6 Draw her veil.

Well of course nothing turns out the way it should be, but you assign points for having things connected and in the right place.

For a bachelorette party we draw the Groom, but he's NAKED! (This is so our virgin bride will know what to expect on her wedding night!) And then our bride keeps all the drawings as souvenirs
    Same thing, head, stick body, arms, legs, hands, feet, eyes, nose, mouth, ears, hair and his "unit".
    The ladies are all very generous when it comes to drawing male genit
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2013