Well after all the wedding hype we didn't get to go!

Our usual babysitter had to work, promised she would send her sister, well 5 pm came, then 5:30, no phone call back .
She forgot she was supposed to come!
I fell like an asshat, I have now sent the check via mail with an apology note. I am a bit more worried because the regular babysitter is watching our house, taking care of our animals while we go on vacation.
She apologized all over herself, and I know it isn't her fault!
I am sure my friend is super mad, we ended up taking the kids to a movie.

2kids2dogs2cats

Asked by 2kids2dogs2cats at 2:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Your friend may not have even noticed, unless she had a table full of people who didn't show.

Things happen. But I'd line up a secondary house sitter that your primary one can call on in place of her sister.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• Ugh, that totally sucks! I am sorry you guys didn't get to go and I hope your babysitter does a better job during your vacation.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• Oh no!!!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• I will say with my blow out, nails and pedicure, I was feeling like the "best dressed" person at the movies! LOL
    2kids2dogs2cats

Comment by 2kids2dogs2cats (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• Well, I know you were disappointed, but I'm sure the kids loved the sudden change in plans :) Too bad you couldn't go out somewhere nice, or at least not sitting in the dark somewhere, so you could show off all that work you had done! :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• Well, what can you do? Things happen. Hopefully your friend, even though disappointed, will understand. I hope you all enjoyed the movie.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2013