Anyone get pregnant within 12 months or less after giving birth?

How many of you ladies became pregnant in within 12 months or less after giving birth?

What was your experience with it? How did you feel physically/emotionally and was did baby turn out healthy?

I know they recommend waiting a year or two but my hubby wants to try for baby #3 when DD #2 is 10 months old. I'm not sure about that lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Oct. 6, 2013 in Pregnancy

• My SIL had her sons 11 months apart and she had little difficulties but the baby was an RH baby and so there were problems to deal with after birth. That was unrelated to the distance between the 2 but I can not say about he mental state after birth because of the other issues.
    I had three aunts who each had at least one set a year or so apart. one had issues with health and never seemed to be quite as strong, capable as before. The other two were younger than I can really remember well but they seemed fine years later. I do not know it that helps.

In my opinion, unless your hubby is carrying this child himself, you get more control over when to get pregnant than he does.
    Is he also going to be there helping with two children in diapers? These are things to think about.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• Thanks for your answer.

It's only a question, not something that I'm definitely going to do. My husband is aware that I'm the one that has to carry the baby and he will be around to help, yes. We both work and as of now we both take care of the kids equally.

It's something he mentioned that I told him I'd consider. There's no pressure or anything.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• My younger two are 18 months apart, so I got pregnant nine months postpartum. I had a pretty easy pregnancy and an easy birth. But the first year with them was hard. I also had an older child that had to get to and from school. The first year really is a blur. I was so tired and worn out.

Unless your dh is planning to get you a nanny or be home all the time to help you... tell him to piss off. I love my boy and am glad they are close in age now...they are 7 and 5...that first year was a doozy.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• I can let you know in two months when my baby turns 1 if I got pregnant or not.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• One of my best friends had her second baby three years after her first, and her third about eleven months after her second. She says three years was perfect, less than one year NOT an experience to be repeated!

Answer by gdiamante at 4:33 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• My friend had three kids back to back. It was not fun for her at all and her body never completely healed up. They are 7, 6, and 5 now and more than a handful. Watching her I definitely wouldn't try it!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• my aunt had 6 kids back to back she did an amazing job once the last one was born the father went to prison for 20 years and still is a single mom but doing it very well she enjoys it :)
    ilovemi3boyz

Answer by ilovemi3boyz at 4:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• A girl at my school ended up prego 6 weeks after she gave birth ... Both her children are healthy
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• My boys are 1 1/2 yrs. apart. Babies were fine & I survived it too. It was those toddler years that did me in! lol :p GL!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• My friend and her sister are 18 months apart and still fight like cats and dogs as grown adults.

Two of my husband's brothers are 11 months apart. They HATED each other growing up. They're better friends now that they're adults, but not as kids.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2013