What should i get to start a home photography job? its my hobby would like to make more of it

ok my hobby is taking pictures has been for over 15 years.....my question is what should i have to start it as a business? schooling, camera(brand that you recomend thats good to use) as i have one now but its just basic, what kind of  software etc? i'm a single mom and would like to work from home doing something i love. I have no clue where to start....

ilovemi3boyz

Asked by ilovemi3boyz at 4:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Camera would be the main thing.
    Anonymous

• I have a camera..... i was meaning as a good brand people would recommend!!!
    ilovemi3boyz

Comment by ilovemi3boyz (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• My husband and I are partial to Canon. If you're thinking of doing portraits you'll need a studio (room) with different colored/patterned backdrops, you'll need lighting, track and movable, software I don't know. You're looking at a BARE MINIMUM of $5,00-$10,000 for camera and all vital equipment.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• I love Canon cameras!!! I have one and it's the best I have had. It takes great pictures. I know I need to upgrade, but can't afford it right now. I have an 8.0 megapixl and have been complimented on my pictures as to how well they turn out. I think that's going to be my xmas give to myself this year... lol I like to do outside photos because they just look better to me. I also have a feature on my camera to be able to change the color. I would love to get into it professionally as well. I would also love to learn how to develop my own film too.
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 10:11 AM on Oct. 7, 2013

• Me too !!! i bought me a small canon camera to start out with and i love it its also 8.0 megapixel i couldn't agree more its takes great pictures...if you wouldn't mind id love to see some of your amazing work i love looking at pictures and people work its an amazing thing i actually found great site that helps you learn to developed and edit pictures its only a 30 day trial but i fell in love so far
    ilovemi3boyz

Comment by ilovemi3boyz (original poster) at 9:05 PM on Oct. 9, 2013