Really >.

Here we go with this bullshit again I'm getting messages from women I don't even know claiming that my damn cousin is going around saying that I said that baptism isn't everything b/c my daughter isn't baptized never responded to the messages...So today I called my cousin and asked her why the hell is she going around telling random ass people that my daughter isn't baptized she claimed she never told them but her husband said that ever since the doctor told her she needs to stop she has been going on a hate rampage and so I'm learning that her husband is staying with his brother b/c he can't handle her soo...I mean is baptism really a big deal? Is it mandatory?

Shaketa123

Asked by Shaketa123 at 7:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• If you are religious and involved in the religion. Yes it is a big deal. I never di it with my kids and my mom never did it with us 3 either. But we are not religious.

Answer by louise2 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• Why do you allow so much drama in your life? You seriously need to cut these people out of your life or stop worrying so much about what they are doing. Stress and anger are bad for your health.

As for baptism, depends on your faith. Most denominations do require it, but the age it is done at differs. If you aren't religious then it really doesn't matter.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• I don't know why you would have agreed to carry a child for someone you knew was so full of drama.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• Why would you give s child to someone so messed up????? That baffles me

But to answer your question. I am Christian. Raised in the Nazarene church. Baptism is something they do but in no way is it "required'. Not to be in the church or to have a relationship with God
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 7:52 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• Drama can not feed if you ignore it, if you respond you are opening yourself for it.
    Delete the emails, ignore the calls etc.

Only YOU can know what you want for your child, I personally feel baptism should be a person choice (Not event he parents choice) so when THEY are old enough to say Baptize me.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 7:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• Fuck your cousin and all the freaking drama!
    I would carefully consider if giving her the gift of life is really good for the baby when it comes.
    Turn off and ignore. Not hard to do. You're in control of your life, no one else!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 8:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• oh I missed something- you are having a baby for your sister?
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 8:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• She's having a baby for her crazy ass cousin luv!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 8:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• It is in my faith but not in others.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 7:28 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• It's a personal choice depending on your own religion. If you don't want to do it, then don't. You shouldn't care what your cousin, or anyone else says on this or any other issue dealing with the parenting of your child.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2013