i need help i dont get it

i need help i been trying to get PG for about a year now i try everthing doing it everday and ever other day my period gose 28 and sometime 30(mostly 30 days) what i dont get is what is the 14 days about is it from the frist day you start to the next what am doing wrong

rbrober

Asked by rbrober at 12:04 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Are you overweight? Underweight? Don't have sex everyday, let him build up some sperm, try every other or every 3 days. Take prenatal vitamins, they help keep your body nice and healthy for baby.

Go have a few drinks. Get nice and relaxed, and stop trying so hard. Stress can make you not conceive. The best way to get pregnant is if you aren't trying to, lol.

And the 14 days is from the first day of your last period. And you have a 2-3 day time frame in which you are ovulating.

Good Luck!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:09 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• well i actually got preggo without even trying. get one of those things they have now and find the best days for you to conceive. you know you r ovulating when you get sort of sharp pains next to your hip bones where your ovaries are. good luck!
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 12:10 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• What does your doctor say??? They might want to run some basic tests. I didn't know there was anything wrong with me. Because of my age, after 6 months of trying, he ran tests. DH was fine. me - i had poor quality eggs, one blocked fallopian tube and the other tube was narrow at the top, didn't even know if an egg could travel down it.
    No pregnancies for me, but have 2 beautiful children thru adoption

Good luck
    chuggerboysmom

Answer by chuggerboysmom at 12:46 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• If your cycles are 30 days, then you ovulate day 16. 2 weeks before your next period is due to start. My doc told me to start having sex every day starting 4 days before or every other day starting 5 days before. And for 3 to 4 days before THAT, no sex at all, to allow the sperm to build up. Good luck.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 1:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I know it's hard but try to relax and not stress about it. When I was trying to get pregnant I read and researched everything and I was overwhelmed with all the information. I read a book called Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler and it helped me understand my body. Every woman's body is different and we ovulate on different days. It's a little graphic but the book taught me what signs to look for when I was ovulating and not assume I ovulated on day 14. You may hear that you can't get pregnant if you are on top or you can't get pregnant if use lubricants because they kill the sperm but that's not always the case. I would recommend getting the book and then trying for a couple of months. If you still aren't pregnant then go to a doctor but it will be easier to explain things to your MD because you will understand your body more. Good Luck and Hang in There!
    Anonymous

• Just because you're not pregnant yet does not mean you are doing anything wrong. It may be time for a workup by a reproductive endocrinologist though. Get bloodwork done to check your hormone levels, ultrasounds to check what's going on in there. Get your partner's sperm counts tested. Get information. Don't beat yourself up over things that are out of your control. Learn about your fertility so you can get a little bit more control. But even when you know the numbers, know how your body works, it's still up to chance.

Hang in there, and good luck!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:53 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Relax and enjoy being with your partner. See a doc for bloodwork, etc. Take prenatal vitamins. Relax! Use an ovulation predictor kit and check bbt (a.m. temperature) for rise after LH surge (positive OPK) as you may not ovulate even after positive opk. Rise in bbt confirms ovulation. Have a great night with your man when Opk turns positive (not after bbt rises, as it is too late. Egg is only good for 12-24 hours after ovulation. Sperm can live for up to 5 days in good cervical mucous.) Do not use lubricant; it hurts sperm motility. Again, relax and enjoy. Stress can affect ovulation. Good luck!!!
    lanska

Answer by lanska at 10:04 AM on Feb. 21, 2009