When did your baby start sleeping through the night?

I know all babies are different yadda yadda... my 8 month old daughter regulated her schedule to be in bed before 11 pm.. NO COMPLAINTS There... and regulated her nap time ..GREAT.. buuut she wakes up 5-7 times a night. Once for a bottle the rest just because she wakes up and can't fall back asleep without myself or my husband rocking her. She's standing up in her crib and just got her 3rd tooth..now she has a stuffy/runny nose too..a trifecta for no sleep. Any tips or has anyone else had a baby not sleep through the night for 8 months?

mturcotte83

Asked by mturcotte83 at 12:32 AM on Oct. 7, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• DD slept through the night between 6-8 weeks, DS is 21 months and still doesn't sleep through the night.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:43 AM on Oct. 7, 2013

• My dd was a very light sleeper, we had the same problem. I got this and she learned to press the button to turn it on and sooth her self back to sleep! Best thing EVER!!!! 

http://www.fisher-price.com/en_US/brands/babytoys/products/38143

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:45 AM on Oct. 7, 2013

• Lol. Definitely not til after 1! My 10 month old wakes up 17 times a night. Every night.

Ever wonder why I am crabby or non sensical?!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:04 AM on Oct. 7, 2013

• I have 4 kids, we all passé trough sleeping issues with our babies. Usually we learn from the first one. I suffered a lot when the night arrived I used to hate night time cz I wasn't sleeping! But I asked the doctor help n it worked verrry good! All it takes you 5 days max u will c progress from the 2 night .when your baby reach his 4 month of age start making a schedule to him. Have a sleeping time every night feed him 30mnts before sleeping n put him awake in his bed n let him sleep by him self but stay beside him than if he wake up in the middle of the night just let him know that r beside him n don't feed him n don't pick him up very important to have a strong heart when he cry because my son was turning blue cz he was crying a lot but I did it n it worked forever!
    mcheimech

Answer by mcheimech at 1:17 AM on Oct. 7, 2013

• Consistently, at about seven months.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:26 AM on Oct. 7, 2013

• Mine slept through the night at 5-6 weeks. The best tip I can give you is to completely cut out the night time bottle. Feed her just before bedtime. Also, give her a little time (5-10 minutes?) to self soothe before picking her up. This is something she really needs to learn to do. I think mine learned early because we kept their cribs in our room until they were about 9 months old so when they woke up they knew we were there. The changeover to their own room was seamless too.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 2:33 AM on Oct. 7, 2013

• All 5 of mine were sleeping 8 or more hours at night by 2 months. How do you get her to sleep? If she is used to you rocking her to sleep, that's what she will want to get back to sleep. Start trying to lay her down awake, drowsy but not fully asleep. Turn on some soft music. Since she isn't used to that she will likely fuss. Fussing is okay, but if she starts all out screaming pick her up and try again and again and again. Learning to fall asleep on her own is a skill she needs to learn.

Answer by missanc at 5:50 AM on Oct. 7, 2013

• keeping in mind that 'through the night' is considered 6 hours. DS was 6 weeks and DD was 8 weeks.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:01 AM on Oct. 7, 2013

• Both of mine hit the 6 hour stretch when they hit 12 pounds.

But other reasons would wake them up - teething, growth spurts, being sick. And you have to know how you will handle those things. Don't turn on lights. I had a night light in their rooms so that I could see just enough to tend to them. Don't be playful; be all business. Loving but all business. Tend to their needs, and put them back to bed. Night time is for sleeping.

But even as they grow older, you will have the occasional night that is rough. My 10 yo will wake up with migraine and need tending to. You're the mom - it's part of the job and part of the love.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:37 AM on Oct. 7, 2013

• Sleeping through at 2 months. Agree 100% with missanc
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:54 AM on Oct. 7, 2013