A interview with (D) Harry Reid titled.."Why would we want to helps one kid with cancer.."

And here it is... ..."Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D., Nev.) asked why Senate Democrats would want to fund the National Institutes of Health to “help one child who has cancer” Wednesday when asked that question by CNN reporter Dana Bash.

DANA BASH: You all talked about children with cancer unable to go to clinical trials. The House is presumably going to pass a bill that funds at least the NIH. Given what you’ve said, will you at least pass that? And if not, aren't you playing the same political games that Republicans are?

HARRY REID: Listen, Sen. Durbin explained that very well, and he did it here, did it on the floor earlier, as did Sen. Schumer. What right did they have to pick and choose what part of government is going to be funded? It’s obvious what’s going on here. You talk about reckless and irresponsible. Wow. What this is all about is Obamacare. They are obsessed. I don’t know what other word I can use. They’re obsessed with this Obamacare. It’s working now and it will continue to work and people will love it more than they do now by far. So they have no right to pick and choose.

BASH: But if you can help one child who has cancer, why wouldn’t you do it? REID: Why would we want to do that? I have 1,100 people at Nellis Air Force base that are sitting home. They have a few problems of their own. This is — to have someone of your intelligence to suggest such a thing maybe means you’re irresponsible and reckless –

BASH: I’m just asking a question.

http://freebeacon.com/reid-why-would-we-want-to-help-one-kid-with-cancer/

******************************************************

I guess this may explain why the Amber Alert System was shut down.. 

Thoughts? Beside stuffing his junk into his mouth to shut him up...

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 4:10 AM on Oct. 7, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• What right do they have?!? They have the Constitution to follow.

Reid and Durbin have been in the Senate for so long they have barnacles on their butts. We need new blood, people who actually are more in touch with the people the represent.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:25 AM on Oct. 7, 2013

• Many politicians prioritize their own constituency without regard to actual priorities. They inherently go toward the light of special interests.
    Interestingly enough, he obviously was angry that the reporter asked him this because his response was to chastise her for asking such a stupid question. I thought it was a totally legitimate question, but it was one that he couldn't win, so he had to get personal. These people show you who they really are when backed into a corner. He is a mean, spiteful, ugly spirited man. If he weren't so hateful I woudl feel bad for him.
    In the mean time, he's had time to walk back his 'why would we want to do that' response. I'm sure after a long session of "I Should Have Said".
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:07 AM on Oct. 7, 2013

• I agree, QM.

But he's having a very hard time selling his walk back. I think he crossed an uncrossable line for a lot of people this time, and very few are willing to let this blunder go.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 9:10 AM on Oct. 7, 2013

• I wish I was that confident. He's been a horribly mean spirited man for a long time, yet he keeps getting reelected. There are only a few different news outlets that will continue to hammer him on the comment, and good little partisan constituents don't bother to get news from all sources, even if they don't like them. I have preferred sources, but I read from one's that I normally don't agree with to get their spin on events. If nothing else, it helps me define the talking points of the day.

In the end, Reid will get away with it because his followers allow him to.  

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:25 AM on Oct. 7, 2013

• Who is there in Nevada to challenge him? That will be the key. And it's something that I have no power to control. He continues to be re-elected because no one better presents himself or herself.

And that's really depressing.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 7, 2013

• This is — to have someone of your intelligence to suggest such a thing maybe means you’re irresponsible and reckless –

This ^^^ made me want to slap him. I watched this video the other day.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 7, 2013

• He is so out of touch that he has apparently lost his sense of compassion, if he ever had it to begin with.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• ugg...the only thing worse than the crap all of Congress keeps spewing is that theres no intelligent option to stop them. we have to wait till next Nov to vote some of them out, and even then there are morons who will vote them back in. how do we break the cycle of stupid?!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• Yeah... this news article posted right around t time a friend's six year old daughter died of brain cancer. She is probably the appropriate person to determine his fate.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:30 PM on Oct. 12, 2013