Worse than we thought?

Wow I already thought the economy was bad, how can it possibly be worse than we thought? Not great news.

http://www.komonews.com/news/39848297.html

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 12:07 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• You know this was happening before George Bush got in office, not saying he did a wonderful job but we all want to put the blame on him, things did get worst while he was in office but tell me what are we doing today to make it better by this stimulus package we got going? I have been listening to Ron Paul and I have to say I wish he would of stayed in the election, he seems to have a good head on his shoulders.
    lisadallasr

Answer by lisadallasr at 1:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• yep.... and its only going to get worse.... but hey lets spend 700 billion dollars on crap like studying a mouse, and giving vets (not ours!!) a bunch of money...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• LOL how true.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:15 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• It will get a lot worse. Anyone who does not think so will be in for a rude awakening. Those here who claim to be debt free and are putting down others will be in the same boat soon. No one is really ever debt free. There are still household bills, food, rent or house payment, god forbid you have a house fire or a natural disaster. You may be credit card debt free, but you are never debt free. When it gets worse paper money as we know it will be worth nothing. We will all then be in the same boat. No amount of saving or thinking you are debt free will be of help.Pray it doe not come to that.. Stock up on common sense things you may need to exist.just to be prepared And don't be bragging how you are better off than someone else. It could all change tomorrow!

Anonymous

• Thanks George Bush ..
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:19 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• sweet you should wake up and thank the dem congress we had the last two yrs and STILL have the same hacks in there.....and fannie mae and freddy mac.(dems)....this is not one mans or one thing implimented at fault here.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:23 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• EVERYONE IS TO BLAME THE ONES ON THE HILL THE PEOPLE ON MAIN STREET BUYING THINGS THEY COULDN'T AFFORD......PERIOD
    Anonymous

• and americans as well for taking out loans for homes they could not afford and knew it or just did not think enough before going for one.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I'm definitely not bragging, but thankful that we are military and my husband's job is secure. We have a consistent paycheck, but we are by no means debt free. We have credit card debt which we are working quickly to pay off. We own a higher priced vehicle with expensive monthly payments which we are trying to trade in for something less expensive, we are lucky to live in base housing but we can't be sure that we will be that lucky when we have to move to another base. I have no extra money per month to be putting into savings, so I do understand the impact of the condition of the economy, and how bad it is going to get. I just didn't realize exactly how high the unemployment rate is projected to rise. My dad is losing his job any time now. Probably next week. The factory he works at is closing its doors for good. He has no back up other than temporary unemployment because a lot of the businesses in their town are closing.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• It's only worse than you thought if you didn't realize how bad it was in the first place
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2009