How do i slow my breast milk?

My daughter is 2weeks old i had to start storing my breast milk when she was 3days old. I pump only because she wont take my breast. Anywho now i have 42 -43 bags of breast milk in my freezer with no room for foods i need it to slow down. So how do i slow my breast milk down? I dont want it to stop just slow. P.s any tips on the pain would be very helpful

tyrone-yazmins

Asked by tyrone-yazmins at 10:27 AM on Oct. 7, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ice your nipples.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:32 AM on Oct. 7, 2013

• pumping should not be painful unless you are using one that is not right for your body type.
    Want to slow down just pump less often
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:26 AM on Oct. 7, 2013

• Decrease your pumping sessions. Ice packs... cabbage leaves for your breasts. Hot shower, hand express a bit in the shower.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 7, 2013

• Is your daughter taking your breast now? A key is going to be for you to see a lactation consultant--ask at the hospital where you delivered or look for a La Leche League chapter in your area--to resolve that issue. Then your daughter's hunger demands will regulate the flow of your breastmilk, which a pump won't do.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:56 AM on Oct. 7, 2013

• Www.kellymom.com and call the LLL hotline for advice.

Please research before trying home remedies. You can end up with some pretty nasty infections, clogged ducts and mastitis.

You can donate your milk.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:07 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• Pump and dump, once you start to slow it by a great deal, it becomes more difficult to get in back, in some cases.
    Have you spoken to a lactation consultant who might be able to help her latch on better?
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 2:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• At two weeks you can also get baby back on the breast if you want. Not too late, never too late unless baby dies or you surgically remove the breasts. If you want help with that, pop over to the Breastfeeding Moms group. Two weeks? Pish. GIve us a tough one!

Answer by gdiamante at 3:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• can she take bottle
    sabanaabril

Answer by sabanaabril at 6:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2014

• You can't
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 9:12 AM on Mar. 8, 2014