my baby is vey naughty boy. he does all the thinks in school however he never tells me what happends in his scool ./ i ask him every day but he doesnot say abouts things done in scool this becomes

,, with that some times he is very shy and some times he plays with all childern ...

pallavipandey

Asked by pallavipandey at 1:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• He is a good kid.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• I suggest you also go back to school.
    Your son is like every other child. School is one place and home is another. What did you do at school. Nothing.
    Really nothing
    I don't remember.
    Did you have Math?
    Yeah
    OK What did you do in math?
    I don't know.
    It is just the way it is.
    Why on earth do you call him naughty? He is not.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• And he is not a baby so stop calling him that.
    Dardenella

• Do you remember what you did all day? Most kids don't have stories to share after school unless something momentous occurred. Each day is the same to them so unless you ask him specifics you are going to get I don't know or yes/no. He isn't naughty, he is just a little kid.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• And he isn't naughty. Most kids are like this at that age. They have found a space that is theirs and want to keep it that way. He'll tell you about his school life soon enough but giving him the 3rd degree when he gets home won't help.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 1:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• He is not naughty, either. My daughter will tell me every detail of her day if I ask. My son apparently vanishes into a black hole for seven hours a day because he never has much to say about his school day. He keeps his worlds compartmentalized. Your son is probably instinctively doing the same thing.

Ask open-ended questions, and then BE PATIENT while he formulates his answer. Don't talk to him face to face. Sit side by side with him. If you are working on something and he comes to tell you something, stop and give him your attention. These will encourage him to talk to you.

Rest assured, he's a very normal boy.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• You can spell naughty correctly but, not school? BIZARRE

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with your son, though I question your parenting skills.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• I think we went thru 2 years of DD not remembering or doing nothing in her pre-school/pre-K classes. This is a very common response.
    Anonymous

• My 8 and 10 year old kids don't tell me everything they do at school. Why on Earth would you expect a 3-4 year old child to remember all of that? If it concerns you, volunteer in his classroom and observe his behavior. Not remembering everything or not verbalizing everything he does out of your view doesn't make him naughty. It makes him normal.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• thats not naughty...what an odd word to use. the only thing i can get out of my DD is if something big happened, like an assembly or someone's birthday. its normal so lay off.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2013