Moving in?

So my bf wants to move in with me, and I told him I only want him to move in if he knows we are going to last a long time, and he says he doesn't know...what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2013 in Relationships

• Not have him move in.

Simple.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• Wait until you are married.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• Before kids I think it's not a huge deal, as long as it doesn't compromise your morals. However I'm assuming you have kids and then I think it's a huge deal. Having men move in and out of the house isn't a great role model for them and causes upheaval for them.
    Wait until you're married or at least engaged with a set date!

Answer by missanc at 1:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• If in doubt, DON'T.

It sounds like he really isn't that committed to you. Therefore, he's looking for someone to pay his bills and do his laundry. Don't give yourself this kind of grief. Save your money for you and your children's needs, not a guy who just wants and easy life until he moves on to the next woman.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 1:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• Don't move him in.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• I have kids but their not his kids. When I asked him if he thinks we will be together for a long time first he says idk then he says sure. He's 33 I feel like he doesn't know what he wants.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• ^^^ Then don't, especially since you have kids.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• He isn't that committed to you if he says he doesn't know. it would be irresponsible and quite possibly damaging to your children for you to allow him to move in.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• I agree completely irresponsible. I told him no that we can figure things out when he figures out what he wants and who he wants.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• It can be really hard to move someone out once they are in. If you do decide to go down this path, be sure to get an agreement in writing how you plan to split the bills and rent.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2013