Bagel recipe share

I bake all my own breads and such and came across an amazing bagel recipe I thought I'd share.  I made these over the weekend and the comments/reviews at the bottom of the page are not exaggerating.  If you do make them, please don't substitute all purpose flour for the bread flour as it really makes a difference in texture.  

The recipe is here (Clicky)

To make it a question, do you have a bagel or other bread recipe that is your go to?

Mrs_Prissy

Asked by Mrs_Prissy at 1:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Looks nice and far less to do than my usual recipe, which involves fermented dough. I think I'll try it next time I'm in a bagel making mood.

I usually just make an olive oil bread and instead of round boules, I put them in loaf pans for the week's sandwich breads.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• I actually think I could do that, it seems less complicated than any others I have seen, I may have to try it this weekend!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 2:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• You wanna send some down to me! They look yummy, but I am so not a cook/baker. LOL
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• It sounds good and simple enough. Do biscuits and cornbread count? That's all the bread I've ever made before. I'm still working on the appearance of my biscuits. I just can't seem to make them as 'pretty' as my mom's.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 3:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• You're getting better!!^^

You know I am spending more time in the kitchen when I actually offered to make baked spaghetti for a girl's weekend. Thankfully it was turned down, but at least I can say I offered. LMAO
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• They have cracks in the top of them like I'm not rolling them out well or something.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 4:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2013