CM I am still getting notices from my security saying this site is potentially hazarous to my computer.

Have gotten rid of the viruses yet and if not how soon do you think you will have this cleared up please.

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 5:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2013 in About CafeMom

• I have not got any today, try deleting your browsing history and see if that helps? I have no idea why it keeps happening.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• well CM that is awesome but you did not address the issue at hand, is there actually a virus AGAIN?
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 6:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• You mean this one? This was the warning I kept getting that day, that I couldn't post at the time.

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:56 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• Let us know if you hear anything back.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 6:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• They sure are evasive, aren't they! LMAO!

Last week after the second time, I did a malware scan and found 10 possible malware. I stayed off CM until Saturday.... I've scanned almost every day now and nothing is showing up.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:03 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• Hi,

Any time you notice a problem with CafeMom, you can send the CafeMom Team a note using the Contact Us link at the bottom of any page.

If you have screenshots, that's always helpful when looking into an issue.

Here's how to take a screenshot:

Go to the page where you're having the problem.
    Press the 'Print Screen' button on your keyboard.
    Open an image program on your computer (like Microsoft Paint).

Paste the screenshot you just took by holding the 'Ctrl' button and pressing 'V' on your keyboard (or, go to the 'Edit' menu and click 'Paste').
    Save the screenshot you just created as a JPG, GIF, or PNG.

On CafeMom, click the 'Add a photo' button and insert the screenshot in your message.

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Cafe GroupAdmin

Answer by Cafe GroupAdmin at 5:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• I have to do that screen shot thing the next time my virus protection alerts me to the threat it just blocked. I haven't seen that message in a couple of days (knock wood)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• The problem we had last week was resolved very quickly. However, when Google and Microsoft detected the issue we had, they put our site on warnings lists, which is why members were getting blocked when trying to access CafeMom. It took hours for Google to remove us from their warning lists.

If you are continuing to get a warning, please use the Contact Us link to report it. We have had not received any other reports.
    Cafe GroupAdmin

Answer by Cafe GroupAdmin at 2:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• It wouldn't let me paste the screen shot I just took, but the name of threat blocked was Exploit Java Exploit (type 1718)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:10 AM on Oct. 12, 2013