Things your kids say that might give others the wrong idea...

Mini conversation I had with DS4 after I put DD down for a nap:

DS: Kaylie likes to sleep in her cage.
Me: Her what? (Perplexed look)
DS: Her cage. Kaylie likes her cage.
Me: Oh...it's called crib, but I guess I can see the resemblance.

Later, when she woke up.

DS: (yelling from the top of his lungs) Kaylie wants out of her cage!
(It's probably a good thing we don't have close neighbors.)

Any one have any humorous stories to share?

mommy_jules

Asked by mommy_jules at 6:58 PM on Oct. 7, 2013 in Just for Fun

• When my 10 year old was about 3:

Mommy, why is Daddy a nog turtle?
    A what?
    You know, where he sleeps all day and is up all night?
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• sidesplittinglaughterLOL!  Oh those are priceless!  You HAVE TO write those in their baby books. 

I will never forget being out bed shopping w/ my boys in tow.  They were probably 7 & 5 at the time.  When, my 5 y/o proudly announced to the sales clerk that mommy & my husb. (fiance' at the time) broke the bed!  ;p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• LOL That's hilarious!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• Well, my five-year-old told a neighbor earlier in the summer that her brother smacked her with a skillet. Which was true, they were playing--but it was a toy plastic skillet that had come with her Dora the Explorer kitchen.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• Mine's not really funny...but it has me worried of where else my son has said this! We were at the grocery store when out of no where my son looks at my husband and said "Daddy you should never hit Mommy". We were speechless! There has NEVER EVER been any phsyical altercations or any types of angry fights at all between my husband and I nor has my son ever been around anyone who has!! I asked him what made him say that and he said his teacher said that it's not nice to hit people. We told him that's right and not to worry because Mommy and Daddy never hit each other and never would but good lord I hope he didn't insinuate that to his teacher!!!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 9:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• my oldest likes to tell ppl "my daddy has two daddies". its true b/c he has a dad and a step-dad and he's really close to both. but man...the looks we get when she says that!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• It's not just kids. I can't count how many time my mother totally embarrassed me. One time we were in a local gift store looking for a special gift for my long term sub (when I had cancer) As we are purchasing the gift, with LOTS of people around, my mother loudly announces to the cashier, that i'm buying the gift for my sub since I am recovering from uterine cancer. I turned bright red.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 11:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2013