Have you ever...

had to pee so bad it hurt and your brain started racing trying to come up with anything to help? OMG that happened to me at work today. I work on a line and you can't just walk away and pee when you need to. Usually i is no problem, they come and let you take a break every 2-3 hours or so. Today we were short handed and I had to wait 4 hours which doesn't sound that long but I had drank a HUGE coffee before work. I was trying so hard to flag down the Floor Supervisor and do what I needed to do. I kept trying to figure out how I could leave my station and not get caught or how I could maybe pee a little in my pants and it not show! all kinds of stupid stuff was crossing my mind. I finally got him and I was so embarrassed! I told him I needed to pee and he was like, 'okay, so and so is coming around I will make sure she get to this section next.' I had to then explain to him that I was literally about to pee myself. I had been trying to get his attention for an hour. lol. So he let me go and stood there and did my job for me for a couple minutes. I swear I thought I was not going to make it. When I got back he made fun of me the rest of the day. I felt so stupid because nothing like this has ever happened to me before but dang it was bad! I had never had to go so bad it affected my thinking. My brain was literally arguing over what to do. Have you ever had that happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2013 in Money & Work

• When I was a substitute teacher and a preschool teacher, I became and expert at holding in my pee.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• I was doing my very best at a recent concert while waiting in line. When I got in line it wasn't an emergency yet, but it advanced to that while waiting FOREVER! Agh! At least you learned to get the small coffee instead! lol ;p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• LOL yes... at various call center jobs.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• The same sorta thing happened to me except I was on a bus, My trade class went on a field trip we all got coffee before boarding the bus and I jokingly said make sure you all go pee before we go (me being the only mom). Ha jokes on me Half way there guess who had to pee so bad me, like really bad. We finally get to where we were going by this time everyone wanted to go so as we take our turns I sit to go and I guess my bladder got nervous and I just couldn't go it was so painful. Meanwhile people are waiting for me to finish and I just couldn't go. So I joined the others but omg the whole time I'm in pain and I still have to go I can't see straight, I ended up sneaking away and running back to the bathroom but I still couldn't pee I was totally panicking and very worried that my bladder would burst. I decided to fill my water bottle with warm water and poor that on myself....whooo that worked. Worst day ever!

pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 8:03 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• I hope he doesn't bring it up again tomorrow. I am so never drinking a large coffee before work again. Ever.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• At what job do you work that long with no break? I've never worked any full time job where you didn't get a 10, lunch, and another 10!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• At what job do you work that long with no break?

They are 12 hour shifts. We get a break every 2 hours usually. I get there at 6 and typically get a bathroom break at 8 and 10 then an hour break at 11 or 12. Then in the afternoon another bathroom break at 2 and a 30 minute break at 4 or 4:30. So 10.5 paid hours a day. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday one week and then Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday the next.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:55 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• Sorry, I would have loged off and gone to pee. If you have to pee, you have to pee!
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 8:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

You can't do that. lol. Someone has to be covering your spot or the whole line gets messed up and then they have to stop it, clean it up, reset it and sometimes repair it so walking away can get you written up pretty quick! I need this job and like I said this is the first time in the year I have had this job that this has happened to me!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:07 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• You can't go pee when you want . You will just have to drink less coffee befor work. Or bring a piss blottle with you.

Answer by louise2 at 8:39 PM on Oct. 7, 2013