Did this ever happen to you?

My daughter is almost 6. She has her ears pierced and now that she can changed the earring she doesn't want to. Thats ok...I still clean them often but over the weekend she got sick and now has a nasty ear infection. I have had them but not as bad as her. I started cleaning it today and it started bleeding.

Should I call her dr in the morning or just keep cleaning it and give it another day to see if it clears up on its own

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2013 in Health

• Does it look infected? Red, oozing, anything like that?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• Me, doctor.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:18 AM on Oct. 8, 2013

• Ear infections are not something to play wait-and-see with. Especially if there's blood. Yes, it might be nothing at all but do you really want to take the risk?

Call the doctor.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 2:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2013

• Take her in. She will need help clearing it. You might have to let the holes close. If she can change the earring ( might be too soon still) put in pure silver , pure gold, or surgical steel. Clean the earring post with rubbing alcohol and then coat it with bacitracin before inserting it. Go see the doctor as soon as you can.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:28 AM on Oct. 8, 2013