So who else is shopping for health insurance?

I have BCBS of IL and our 3 kids are on my policy but my husband cant keep his plan because he wasn't "grandfathered" in like me. Wow it sure is expensive!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2013 in Health

• I'm in a similar boat, BC/BS family of four, different state. My cobra runs out soon. It is cukoo expensive, and the offerings on the exchange are very disappointing. I'm hoping I can just get a similar plan to what we have now directly from bc/bs. It's what they said would likely be offered to us at the end of the cobra. If I'm stuck with what is on the exchange from them we are in trouble. It will have a lower premium, but our out of pocket will soar.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• I am scared to look.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2013

• Eh, I'm not really concerned about it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:32 AM on Oct. 8, 2013

• So far, our insurance has not been affected in any way. Rates have stayed the same and everything... I did look at the exchange out of curiosity though. It is A LOT pricier than I thought, from the way he was talking about it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:31 AM on Oct. 8, 2013

• We pay out of pocket already. $1,300 a month.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:56 AM on Oct. 8, 2013

• I am now. For my family of 4 I currently pay $417/ mo which includes dental. BCBS of AL sent me a letter and said that I cannot keep what I have...the new plan that is most like my current plan will be $723/ mo...which does not include dental for DH and I. That will add another $75 to the monthly cost.

So, I looked for a lower costing plan. Their lowest plan here is $546.11/mo. Which covers the kids dental, but not DH and I. So, add $75. Plus this plan does not cover any ER visits until I hit the $6,350 deductible. My first 3 doctor visits I pay $40, after that I pay until I hit that deductible. I will pay $20 for generic drugs and 100% of brand name drugs.

If I would like some kind of ER coverage, I have to go up one plan...to $676.86. month (plus the $75 dental).

If this is what Obama said would help a majority of americans, I want out. I can't afford this! I liked my $417 plan and want to keep it.
    AngZacc

Answer by AngZacc at 3:12 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• We are shopping for health insurance. We need maternity insurance and I am checking if BCBS has it and if the premiums are competitive.

thequest

Answer by thequest at 5:21 AM on Oct. 22, 2013