Freaking school!!!

My son missed picture day a few weeks ago while we were out of town for MILs funeral. I asked his teacher if there was going to be a make up day and she said yes and she'd let me know. My son came home with a letter on Friday saying make up day is Friday, October 18th. Cool. He comes home today with another letter basically saying "just kidding, it's tommorrow". WTF. They revised the date and gave ONE day notice! Good thing he isn't in dire need of a hair cut, though he could use a trim and I'd planned on getting him one before the 18th. Ugh.

Vent over. Got any complaints today?

maecntpntz219

Asked by maecntpntz219 at 12:40 AM on Oct. 8, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yeah! The sheet on my mattress. It wont stay on. Also I have cheesecakes in the fridge but I don't want to risk getting out of bed and waking the kids for it.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:51 AM on Oct. 8, 2013

• There is no school Friday, but no explanation as to WHY there is no school Friday.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:52 AM on Oct. 8, 2013

• We don't get fall break but the other colleges do.... FUCK
    Shaketa123

Answer by Shaketa123 at 1:19 AM on Oct. 8, 2013

• Schools are insufferably unorganized, aren't they?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:48 AM on Oct. 8, 2013

It's not the school... it's the photography company. Bet they over-committed for a date and had to change one. Those companies are why we don't do the school pics... they usually suck!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:00 AM on Oct. 8, 2013

• Yeah the photography company messed up the date. It's not the school's fault. my kids have 1/2 day Friday and no school Monday. Rosehawk thinking no school Friday because Columbus Day on Monday. (Unless they are out Monday too.) Then it might have something to do with report cards. Could be Friday is a staff training day/student holiday. It just depends. No complaints right now. Our picture days are done with.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:03 AM on Oct. 8, 2013

• My leg still hurts from this summer and I have to go work out. The gym is either out of wipes completely or they are doing away with them and I find it really gross that I have nothing but a sweaty towel to wipe the machines down with. It's really getting on my nerves. Oh, and I am a total flake, I have a couple of projects that I need to do and I've been a slacker. While I am in control of this, I am finding my laziness really irritating. Perhaps I should berate myself while working out and I will somehow get the desire to get my projects done. But probably not.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:10 AM on Oct. 8, 2013