• In the Spotlight:

What is a good Hybrid SUV?

I'm looking for a hybrid suv (I often transport 6-7 people in my vehicle), with an build in DVD player and navigation system. What would you guys recommend? As long as its around $25,0oo we are interested. We are trying to trade in our current vehicle and get something with a lower monthly payment.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 12:13 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Shopping

• I didnt know you could get a Hybrid SUV for that price. My mom has the Hybrid Tahoe and it was 58k.. I really dont know ..maybe the Ford Escape Hybrid or the Mariner Hybrid? I test drove the Mariner  SUV that is NOT hybrid, but the same body style.. when I was deciding between a Durango and other SUV's and I did like it alot.. but it was 10k more and they would not negotiate, so I went with the best price.

LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 11:22 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Ive seen some around $30 starting new, but im willing to go for pre-owned or program or something, I'm not too picky lol. Just need something that has enough room, gets great gas mileage (I get average 16 mpg in my Rendezvous), and is lower than what I pay right now per month. I'm trying to start looking now, before time to actually trade mine in, so that I can know what we are looking for.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:15 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I hear you.. my durango was KILLING me when gas was $4 a gallon. I wish we could afford a hybrid right now
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 2:32 PM on Feb. 20, 2009