Feeling used

So my current bf still refers to his ex wife as his wife and he talks about how she got a new guy to replace him. I told him he needs to move on. Because it seems like he isn't over her. And it's really starting to affect our relationship IDK if I am over reacting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 AM on Oct. 8, 2013 in Relationships

• Calling her his wife - I don't know, if they were married for a very long time, I could see that being a simple, unintentional slip that means nothing. Just habit from all the years, you know?

But talking about her getting a new guy to replace him? THAT would be a red flag to me. That would be a feeling to have right after a split, but once you've gotten over it and moved on, that should no longer be the mentality. If he'd really moved on, it seems to me his mentality would be "she cheated", and that's about it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:39 AM on Oct. 8, 2013

• well, until he IS over her, he can't really love anyone else
    I'd let him go and move on
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:40 AM on Oct. 8, 2013

• It doesn't sound like he has moved on yet. I would let this one go.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:28 AM on Oct. 8, 2013

• agreed thanks ladies.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:58 AM on Oct. 8, 2013

• It doesn't sound to me as if he has moved on at all. I hope you don't end up getting hurt as the stand-in for his ex.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:06 AM on Oct. 8, 2013

• Here's a heads up. HE IS NOT OVER HER.

Move on, seriously.

He is like the kid who hopes and prays every day and every night that mommy and daddy will live together again.
    You are just a stand in.
    I am sorry.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:21 AM on Oct. 8, 2013

• How long were they married? I think he still has some type of feelings for her.
    WifeyandMom71

Answer by WifeyandMom71 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 8, 2013

• Time to move on. He clearly isn't over her and still wants to be with her.. Better to find someone completely devoted to you and not obsessing over his ex.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 1:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2013