Do anybody know about?

My son is 17months old a few months ago he was diagnosed with superior cerebellar vermis hypoplasia. Which causes delays in his motor skills. he is now in physical therepy once a week. Anywho does anyone know more about it? Maybe have a child also with the samething? How do u deal with it emotionally? I been feeling depressed since dec or so because this is my baby it shouldnt be happening to him. Well i just had another child in i feel as tho im gettn postpartum depression. Any advice.

tyrone-yazmins

Asked by tyrone-yazmins at 7:39 AM on Oct. 8, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• See your doctor and tell him about your feelings. Help is out there and you need support.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 8:01 AM on Oct. 8, 2013

• My oldest has autism and depression is common after your child receives a diagnosis. Have you looked into support groups in your area? First In Families is one I know of that is nationwide and for parents of children with many different disabilities. Talking to other parents in the same or similar circumstances is often comforting. Educate yourself about your sons disability, advocate for him, but don't stress about it. Many of us with non typical kids have seen our kids make amazing strides!

Answer by missanc at 8:43 AM on Oct. 8, 2013