Is there anything WE can do

to save answers?

I mean I'm here every day, I answer and ask questions...but beyond that what can be done to save this section?

thoughts?

charlotsomtimes

Asked by charlotsomtimes at 9:42 AM on Oct. 8, 2013 in About CafeMom

• I believe our hands our tied as long as CM allows trollish behavior and poofing those that don't deserve it, but are simply stating the truth. They need to treat their members better.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:47 AM on Oct. 8, 2013

• I am here everyday also. Since the last banning everyone has toned down their answers for fear of getting banned. Answers are deleted for no reason. It has really changed everything here.

ADMINS these actions are really changing the ANSWERS section.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 9:47 AM on Oct. 8, 2013

• Honestly, I stick around here because of the other members. If I were a new member and I was checking this section out, besides asking the occasional question I doubt I would stick around here that much. This section is going this way by design. What interest they had in this section was quickly curbed. Recently with the member of the week and all of that crap. We had that for what? Two weeks before it went away? Weren't they doing a question of the day? I doubt we bring in as much advertising money as groups do, and this site is really more about marketing and advertising than anything.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:48 AM on Oct. 8, 2013

• No. I don't think anything can be done. I am here every day too. I suppose we **could** just agree with everyone and feign support for their problems, but that doesn't do them any favors. sometimes the truth needs to be said even if it's not what they want to hear. I have to re-type answers three or more times before I post so I can say what needs to be said without hurting someone's fragile feelings. We **could** spam the boards with questions we don't need help or advice with, but that seems counterproductive as well. Of course I don't really view answers as dying. Journals was alive and well before café just shut it down completely. If they really want this section gone, they will just do it. Our opinions matter very little to them.

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:50 AM on Oct. 8, 2013

• Get rid of anon. And, I hate to say it (really) but, possibly bring back the DV option & recat so, we can go back to monitoring ourselves.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:56 AM on Oct. 8, 2013

• I have no idea, it seems that participating even with a sunny disposition isn't helping, lol.
    Maybe Admin could read the question before they poof it?
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 9:44 AM on Oct. 8, 2013

• When a questions is reported please delete as quickly as you delete a regular member's question.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 10:04 AM on Oct. 8, 2013

• Perhaps quit complaining every 10 seconds about what the admins are doing and just ask and answer questions

Yeah, because this is totally about people mentioning the admin

eye rolling

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:35 AM on Oct. 9, 2013

• admin could read the question before they poof it

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• Replace the admins with people who have brains and actually care enough to administrate fairly and justly?
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2013