i pushed my daughter

we were late for school this morning and i pushed my daughter out of the kitchen she fell and smashed into the stove. i felt horrible immediately picked her up and apologized. i checked where she hit and there was a bruise but she said she was fine so i sent her to school. apparently it was worse then i thought it swole up and she had a hard time moving it so she went to the nurse. now dhs has been called and i can no longer pick my children up from school. i am freaking out i dont know what to do it was an accident. anyone ever deal with anything like this

bs71913

Asked by bs71913 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2013 in General Parenting

• Pushed her because you were late, she 'smashed' into the stove which tells me you pushed her with a good deal of force. Good luck with CPS.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• How old is she?
    Anonymous

• That couldn't have been a "Come along honey, we're late!" guiding hand to the door. Perhaps you've lost perspective.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 12:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• i admit i didnt realize how hard i pushed her until she fell, but i have never pushed her before the worse she has ever gotten is a spanking. this was a pure accident in a rush for school, looking at it now yes i could have and should have just slowed down and justb get them ready drive them in late at worse but i didnt now yes im in a situation and im asking if anyone has ever been through an issue like this
    bs71913

Comment by bs71913 (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• i felt horrible immediately picked her up and apologized.

Many abusive people apologize after the fact, and they might actually feel remorse. Do you have anger issues? If you respond out of anger/frustration, you could easily harm a child. Anger management classes might be a good idea.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:58 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• Did the school say all your children have been taken into CPS custody or just your daughter?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• My best advice is to completely cooperate with DHS/CPS. If they want you to take parenting classes, anger management classes, etc, do it.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 1:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• I doubt as long as nothing like this has ever happened it is going to be any deal, but it is enough to make you stop and think, there is a huge difference of putting your hand on someones back and scooting them along, and pushing them hard enough to smash into something.
    At this point in time, is she okay, what did she hit on the stove, what is the outcome of the injury, where is your husband? Who is going to pick her up from school.
    You best should cooperate with them in anyway you can do so.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 1:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• I agree; cooperate with everything CPS asks you to do. You really need to face the fact--no justifications, no apologies, no excuses--that you have made a serious mistake your daughter will never forget. Even if you are usually a loving parent, she'll carry the memory of that push and her injury for the rest of her life. I'm saying that as an abuse survivor. I'm not saying it to make you feel guilty--I'm sure you can manage that all by yourself without any input from strangers on the Internet--I'm saying it because in order to move past this and rebuild a relationship with your daughter when you get her back, you need to own your mistakes completely, in your mind and heart, so you can truly make up to your daughter and take precautions to ensure nothing like this ever happens again.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:35 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• Mom of the year!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2013