What would happen if we (the steady answerers) boycotted for a week?

Do you think CM would breathe a collective sigh of relief or realize that posters that come on to ask if they are pregnate or wonder why cps is called when they push their children into appliances on the way out to school won't answer other questions?

What would we find when we came back I wonder?

tessiedawg

Asked by tessiedawg at 1:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I think the points system is what's killing Answers.

Nope... it's the powers that be that are killing it! ;o(
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• A stubborn handful would still show up every day to get their points, because that's the only reason they're here.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• I'm not really here "for the points" we get NOTHING out of that anyway so...

BUT I'd lose my mind if I didn't come here...I'm jobless, and alone most of the time. Besides going to Walmart or zumba- I have no life other than this...I know it seems crazy but it keeps me sort of sane, to come here...

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• but I've noticed CM advertising a Huggies Mom Answers

I don't have ads on, but I've noticed on the home page they frequently promote a "question of the day" that's actually a group post and has nothing to do with Answers. Same with those polls on the sidebar - they go to groups, never to answers.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• I doubt they would care, I really do think they are trying to find a reason to get rid of answers anyway.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:16 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• Why piss off your customer base in the process, especially if you have grand plans somewhere?

That really is the stupid part. When they killed Journals, some users quit CM, some moved to groups, some moved to Answers. By dragging this out, they're going to have less people left over to move to Groups.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• after 2 days of nothing being on here but a few questions from FB and stupid garbage like "is i prgnet?" they'd cut the section cause "no body uses it anymore". boycotting would just let the powers that be cut the whole thing drama free...till we came back and it was gone. then our cries of "bring it back" would be useless cause we know how asking for something back works :S
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• Then it would be clear who's in it for the points and you can't vote yourself up.

That's already pretty clear - same ones who answer every single question posted, even when it's posted by someone they say they don't like and insist they avoid.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• I've often wondered if a lot of the treatment here is due to the fact that so many of us admit to using ad blocker.

While probably true, also rather pathetic, since people in groups admit to running adblocker AND multiple accts to troll different groups. In the old redesign group, some of those precious regulars (the ones who got tote bags) frequently bragged about how many alt accts they had.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

NotPanicking
    Answer by NotPanicking 36 minutes ago

Yep, and I know exactly who they are.

But, to answer the question...honestly, probably nothing. It would be like around Christmas when no one really posts.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2013