I cant Lean math!? HELP

So i had a pretty messed up childhood alot of trauma always moving diffrent schools all the time well now im 21 been living with my husband and our 2 children for 6 years! We are very happy but im super depressed because i feel like im stupid. Im so Good at every Subject except math I cannot grasp the concept of numbers its all one big blur i have taken classes, studied and everything i took my ged passed with flying colors but totally failed math :( Its really starting to affect my life in many negative ways ....question is ... is there a math learning disorder ? or whats wrong with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2013 in Special Needs

• There is a math disorder, it's similar to dyslexia, and it's called dyscalculia.  There is a program to relearn around it, similar to how dyslexics are taught to read.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• It could be dyscalculia. My youngest has it. The basic processes are easy to grasp for her, but actually making the calculations work is another story. She's spent the past year basically relearning math.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:35 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• A lot of people are not good at math. Whether or not you have that disorder, you can still learn enough to get you by so you can help the kids. There are tons of websites including You Tube, that are available to help with math at almost every level.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• LETTER TO MY MATH TEACHER

Read that and see how much applies to you.

If I ever go back to school I'm getting myself formally diagnosed with dyscalculia. The easiest way for me to explain my difficulties with math is this: I look at a page of simple math. While I'm trying to solve the problems, ALL the letters and number get up off the page, dance a little jig with each other, then everything goes back to different places. YOU try solving 2+4=? wehn the 2 looks like a 5 and the 4 looks like an A.

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:50 PM on Oct. 8, 2013