How to produce more breast milk!

My daughter just turned 2 weeks an I've been breastfeeding her since she was born but 2 days ago I noticed I was getting less milk. So randomly idk why it's slowing down /drying up but I don't wanna stop breastfeeding at all, I've been drinking more water and drinking corn starch. Don't see much of a difference. Anyone know what can help me produce more before it dries up. Please!!! & thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2013 in General Parenting

• drinking corn starch??? WHY???

Eat healthy, feed your more often or pump. It's a supply and demand thing.... the more you feed/pump the more you will make.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• I don't think you should be drinking corn starch, you realize what you put in your body comes out through breast milk? If she isn't eating enough pump, the more you pump the more milk you will produce, assuming you are eating healthy etc.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 3:35 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• It's called maizena, the only way I know how to translate it is to corn starch
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• 99% of moms who think they have a supply problem actually do not. The stuff you're drinking will make no difference.

Are you changing 6-8 diapers per day? Are you getting two quarter sized poops among them? More than likely you're perfect. PUMP OUTPUT TELLS YOU NOTHING ABOUT SUPPLY! THere are women who can nurse twins and not pump even one drop.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• Yeah.. that's right. Stop drinking it. That's gross and isn't giving you ANY nutritional help at all. Stop filling up on that crap and eat more fruits , veggies, healthy grains and protein. No wonder your supply is going down!! 

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• Your milk is probably fine.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• Your supply is just slowing down because your daughter isn't demanding as much milk as your body has been producing. Keep feeding her when she wants to nurse. If you truly do need a boost, I had some luck with a supplement called More Milk Plus that I bought from www.motherlove.com. But talk to a lactation consultant from the hospital where you delivered or get in touch with a La Leche League chapter in your area. The fact that your breasts aren't bursting full and leaking doesn't necessarily mean you are drying up.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• "The fact that your breasts aren't bursting full and leaking doesn't necessarily mean you are drying up."

In fact, bursting full is not a good thing. Tells the body to slow down. Simply nurse on demand and count those dipes.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:27 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• It's a supply and demand kind of thing the more you nurse the more you produce. As long as baby has six to eight wet diapers a day you are producing enough. You don't want to be leaking out all over the place. Contact your local La Leche League. Eat more lentils and try Mothers Milk from Motherhood Maternity. I've heard fenugreek can increase supply, but honestly all you should have to do is feed on demand of the baby. Remember breast milk is best and easily digested so if baby is hungry every three or four hours that is why.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2013