Anybody know about new gaming consoles coming out the end of this year?

Xbox One and PS4? Thoughts and recommendations?

As for our needs, right now we have a Wii. That's pretty much it. We don't have Skylanders or too many accessories. DD is 8 and DS will be 11 the beginning of next year. We don't do many shooter games (we have Ghost Recon, but he doesn't play that much).

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 6:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2013 in Entertainment

• Ps4 already has better ratings than the xbox1

Imo the controller is more comfortable and fitting for the ps than xbox. Xbox you have to pay a monthly sunscription to play games where ps you do not.

Graphics are better on playstation as well.

Ps and xbox i feel are both more aimed towards adults but if i had to choose between the 2, id say playstation is.more.family oriented and offers more games for different ages than xbox does.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• Some kind of new DS, something that is amazing according to my children, I will have to investigate closer to Christmas, lol.
    I love our wii!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 6:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• We are not upgrading right now. I think it's ridiculous that they keep doing this, esp. if they are not backward compatible.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• They have a wii and it sucks because all the new games they want are on Wii U but I'm not ready to spend that much.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• XBox made some very bad choices when they first announced it, and I've heard them saying back and forth they'd take them back, no they're not, they're fixing some not all, etc. Bottom line, PS4 will be cheaper, XBox will have the advantage of the kinect technology, both will have a mix of exclusive and shared games. If you're thinking Christmas shopping - best bet is wait until mid-November to read the most recent reviews at sites like IGN and Gizmodo.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• If Dh was here he could absolutely bore you with every detail of each one and how they compare. lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• We have a wii u and love it. It plays all our old wii games so I'm not ready to invest in a whole different gaming system. But if we were, in addition to the Wii u we would get the playstation. But I really like that they can continue to play on the gamepad when the rest of us want to watch something on tv.

Answer by missanc at 6:41 AM on Oct. 9, 2013

• If you do a lot of online gaming X-Box If you are just gaming and need a Blu-ray player PS4. Hubby knows all about them, but has a ton of questions before he makes a recommendation. Nintendo is releasing a 2DS (222) it will play the 3DS games and the regular DS games, but without the 3D feature which can damage the eyes of younger kids if they use it constantly. It will retail for $129 and is set for release along with Pok√©mon X/ Y this Saturday Oct 12.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:41 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• Our Wii is sometimes malfunctioning and I think everyone is sort of getting bored with it. We've had it for about 5 years.

QuinnMae

Comment by QuinnMae (original poster) at 6:57 PM on Oct. 8, 2013

• Both of them have a 3ds (although they both adjust all of the 3d effects out). Not so much about playing games online. DS loves minecraft, so it would be nice if he could do that on whatever we get. DH likes to play tiger woods golf on the Wii. The kids like playing the lego games, mario games and race games as well as the just dance stuff. We will still have the wii stuff, just looking for something with better graphics for the most part.
    QuinnMae

Comment by QuinnMae (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Oct. 9, 2013