Buy class pictures or a yearbook?

Our school is a k-12 school. They put out a yearbook every year which includes the class pictures for each grade. We are going to buy a yearbook no matter what, but should we also buy class pictures too? I have three kids so that is an extra $30. The yearbook is $35.

I just don't know that I want to spend an extra $30 on class pictures.

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 1:33 AM on Oct. 9, 2013 in General Parenting

• Yeah. You do. Keep them safe too. All my school pictures got lost and I would pay anything to have them all back. Scrapbook those suckers.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:37 AM on Oct. 9, 2013

• Depending on the age some kids like to give out individual shots.
    Your family may enjoy the updated pictures and it does give a record of their growth IF you do not do any other type of photos.
    If you do or even if you take decent pictures of yourself and have them printed for family, they are usually better than the photos done by the photographers that come to he school.
    JMO.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:50 AM on Oct. 9, 2013

• I should clarify... I am talking only about class pictures with the whole class...for each of my kids. Not the individual pics.
    SleepingBeautee

Comment by SleepingBeautee (original poster) at 1:52 AM on Oct. 9, 2013

• Oh. That changes my answer 100%.

No. Would not buy those.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:53 AM on Oct. 9, 2013

• my mom never bought individual pictures, just the class picture. she figured we'd easily be able to tell what we looked like at that time from other pictures, but we'd never remember all the kids in our classes. as a kid who moved a lot it was (and still is) great to look back and say "those were my friends!" but since you're getting yearbooks, they will already have that.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:01 AM on Oct. 9, 2013

• Oh.. and I plan to keep all of the yearbooks at my house when they are all grown, so they can all have access to them.
    SleepingBeautee

Comment by SleepingBeautee (original poster) at 2:14 AM on Oct. 9, 2013

• meh- I wouldn't...I have never been a fan of the school pictures
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:36 AM on Oct. 9, 2013

• *oh- nah you don't need a class pic if you are getting the yearbook
    charlotsomtimes

• Last year my son was in kindergarten and I bought a class picture to put in his school years scrap book thing(like a baby book). Then we got a free yearbook. If I had to pay for both, then no I would just buy the yearbooks.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 7:43 AM on Oct. 9, 2013

• I'd pass on the whole class pic.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:08 AM on Oct. 9, 2013