My baby is one week old. I didn't breast feed or pump for two days due to introducing formula. My breasts are producing very very little milk and I'm afraid it's too late..what can I do?

Jmthomas81

Asked by Jmthomas81 at 10:35 AM on Oct. 9, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Call the la leche consultant, is isnt' too late, keep trying to get him to latch on, the milk will come!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 10:44 AM on Oct. 9, 2013

• It's not too late. Keep pumping and nursing as much as you can, and your body will meet the demand, although you may not have an easy time of it. Go to www.motherlove.com and look up More Milk Plus, which is a supplement I had some luck with, but mostly just keep those jugs of yours working! Good luck!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:46 AM on Oct. 9, 2013

• Start nursing and do so on demand. Breast milk is easily digested so baby will eat more often when you nurse. Plan about every 2-3 hours for a few weeks.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• go to the breastfeeding group on here. And read up on kellymom.com

La Leche League will definitely help you and be a support in real life.

It's not too late, but might take a bit of work. Put baby to the breast as much as possible and pump in between feedings. Remember that diaper count is the only true way to tell if you are producing enough or not. Pumping output is not accurate as to what you are producing as good as the pump might be, baby is way more efficient.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• Forget about formula or bottles. And everything else the others said. But any formula or bottles will hamper bf progress.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 3:16 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• Only too late if baby dies or your breasts are cut off.

Please pop by the breastfeeding moms group and check the resources sticky there for a ton of info on getting baby to breast. We've helped moms who hadn't nursed in many weeks. One week? Pish. Nothin'.

I won't even say relactating because you have milk. What you pump means NOTHING! There are moms who can nurse twins without being able to pump even one drop.

Also google KELLYMOM BACK TO BREAST for a very helpful article.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:46 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• You can try on formla
    sabanaabril

Answer by sabanaabril at 6:25 PM on Feb. 25, 2014

• Just wait it out
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 9:10 AM on Mar. 8, 2014