Why stay?

If you're in a controlling relationship, where you're not allowed to question or comment, would you stay? Why or why not?

bandgeek521

Asked by bandgeek521 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 9, 2013 in Relationships

• O stay for my friends, but they seem to be slowly going away,

Everyone has a breaking point.
    Just remember, when some people reach that breaking point it is with a heavy heart that they say, "Good Bye".
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 4:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• In my personal relationships I don't think I would see a reason to stay. In the relationship between me and some entity, I would have to consider what agreement I have consented to with regards to how the relationship works. If I didn't feel that I was getting anything out of the relationship, I would definitely cut ties. In some relationships (hypothetically using the entity example), I would have to consider what I gain from peripheral participation and weigh that against the limits that I feel I can completely participate and decide which is most beneficial.

I hope that made sense.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:11 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• I am not allowed to talk about it sorry
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 11:23 AM on Oct. 9, 2013

• Did you ever read about the experiment where if you drop a frog in boiling hot water, he tries to jump right out, if it doesn't kill him first. But if you put a frog in tepid water and then slowly crank up the temperature, he doesn't seem to notice, and he will sit there and cook to death. I've found that controlling relationships work much the same way. You don't really notice the problem at first, or you're in denial about it, or you excuse it away. By the time you come to your senses, it's pretty late in the game, and you're entangled enough that leaving is difficult, or you're too overcooked and worn out to do anything about it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:52 AM on Oct. 9, 2013

• This question is interesting... well, the answers certainly are anyway.

And it brings up another question... How many people are in this kind of relationship without even realizing it?
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 11:48 AM on Oct. 9, 2013

• I'm not sure how a relationship can work if you are not allowed to talk about the relationship. That kind of makes it a dictatorship. I too would leave the relationship if I could keep the friends I have met thru that relationship!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• O stay for my friends, but they seem to be slowly going away, which is sad. :(
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 3:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• I don't know but if I could keep the same friends in my life after I broke up with him, I would consider leaving him in the dust! We just have so many in common that it would be difficult to break up for good.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 11:26 AM on Oct. 9, 2013

• Maybe it's a good thing they're clueless anime, lol
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 3:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2013