Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how long do i have to amend my taxes?Is baby sitting taxable?

Answer Question
Denise V.

Asked by Denise V. at 12:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2013 in Money & Work

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • I don't think it is, you'd need to talk to a tax advisor to be sure

    Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:00 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

  • Any income is can be reported to the irs by the person hiring you ( and they withhold taxes) or you file as a self employed person. Go to and search about amended returns. How long you have varies due to different circumstances.

    Answer by silverthreads at 2:16 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

  • Any income is taxable. Talk to a tax lawyer.

    Answer by Dardenella at 2:24 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

  • It probably depends if you babysit regularly and the people you sit for claim the expense on their taxes. Nobody bothers much with twenty bucks in cash here or there, but it's a different story if it's a fixed payment on a regular schedule. Your best bet is to talk to a professional.

    Answer by Ballad at 10:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.