How to get family out of my relationship?

I am in a relationship with my fiancé and people like my sister or mother is always wonder about what he is doing in his life. My had put a restraining order him when he did nothing wrong my sister acually thinks he is after her when he's not she don't like him she never did. She never respected him at all and this whole situation have put a strain on my relationship with him. I want to know what should I tell my sister and anybody else that has been harassing my fiancé because I want them to leave him alone.

prettywoman89

Asked by prettywoman89 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2013 in Relationships

• Do they have reason to wonder what he's doing in his life? Does he work or go to school? Does he treat you well? Do the two of you argue about other things besides the way your family treats him?

Cannot advise without knowing these things, and other questions may follow.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• He did nothing wrong he treat me like a queen we have our moments that we argue about other things but it never last long. My sister just don't like him she didn't take the time to get to know him and just about the only like that to him. She have trying to get other people not to like him she hate the fact I have somebody that treats me like a queen. See I am the little sister I am 24 she is in her 30s and I do not need her in my relationship I am grown and I can make up my own mind.
    prettywoman89

Comment by prettywoman89 (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• Unless your family is highly dysfunctional, I think I'd be standing by my sister.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:20 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• I can not stand by sister everybody can see what she did wrong and she want even admit it. She have some problems.
    prettywoman89

Comment by prettywoman89 (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• Let me guess- you all live together in the same house?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:41 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• Did she use to have a relationship with him?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• Do you live with your Mom and Sister?

Answer by louise2 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• Ignore your sister. Her opinion bears no weight.

THAT SAID: You didn't answer my questions about what he is doing with his life. Is he working? Is he going to school? Treating you like a queen means DIDDLY SQUAT if you're the only one putting something into the Royal Treasury.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• Let me rephrase... I would go back to school and consider the fact that I might not be ready for an adult relationship.
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 3:57 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• If you must say "i am an adult" then you are not
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 4:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2013