quad screen covered by insurance?

I had a bloodtest similar to the quad screen last night (this on called penta, it tests for one more thing) and afterward realized that I don't know if it's covered by my insurance! They offered it to me, it was optional, but they make it sound totally routine. I called my dr office today to ask but the insurance lady isn't in till tomorrow. I called my insurance and she said she can't know if it's covered until they receive the statement for billing. I have blue cross. Anyone have this done and was it covered? If not how much did you have to pay? I hate it that the dr's office doesn't tell us first! I wouldn't have had it done if I had to spend the $!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• I cannot help you I had not testing done when I was pregnant. I am an all natural kind of girl and did not even want a u/s. My midwife convinced me to have one.
    Anonymous

• Unless you're over the age of 35, your insurance probably won't cover it.
    Anonymous

• I just had mine and it was covered...but wait! The hospital LOST the results! There is no record of me ever having it done, yet they billed my insurance. They paid for it, but I contacted the insurance telling them to deny the claim since they lost my results. And now I'm passed the 20 week window to get it done...grrr........
    Anonymous