• In the Spotlight:

When does the yolk sac start to form?

Im 3-4 weeks pregnant now and my doctor didn't see the yolk sac. Im very worried and don't want nothing to go wrong

CadieMcguirt

Asked by CadieMcguirt at 5:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Why didn't you ask the doctor all this? Is their a doctor in the cafemom house? I should say a real one.

Answer by louise2 at 6:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• don't want nothing to go wrong

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• .
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 6:10 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• Grammar police are out in force tonight

Answer by louise2 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• I asked the doctor today and she said that I might be to early to see anything so don't panic! But its hard I don't want anything to go wrong
    CadieMcguirt

Comment by CadieMcguirt (original poster) at 6:20 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• it's not like you can will it to grow.
    while i understand the concern (you are a first time mom arent you) if the doc says dont worry it may be too early and you trust the doc
    stop borrowing trouble
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• if the doctor says don't worry, then don't worry ;)

*and yes, double negatives are annoying!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:33 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:40 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• Three or four weeks is still way early on. Are you scheduled for another ultrasound? Are you high risk for some reason? I know when I had an early ultrasound with one of the babies I lost, the yolk sack was visible by six weeks, but I don't know how much sooner it might have been seen. What did the doctr say?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:53 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• How the hell did you get in to the doc so fast? I''ll be 6 weeks on Friday and the first half (history) of my first appointment isn't until the 14th. The second half (where I actually SEE the doc) isn't until the 31st.

I suggest you pick you What to Expect When You're Expecting or some other book that details your pregnancy week-by-week.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:33 PM on Oct. 9, 2013