What's your latest creepy coincidence?

I realized today that tomorrow is my dd's sperm donor's birthday. The last time I saw him was about 16 yrs ago when he signed over his rights (believe me, she is much better without him in her life).

Just a little while ago, my dd was singing along to the song that was her "biological father" and I's song. Of course she doesn't know what "our song" was and I doubt she knows what tomorrow is. It was just a creepy coincidence.

What about you? Any creepy coincidences lately?

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 9:53 PM on Oct. 9, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Can't think of any from lately, but my creepiest one ever was when I tried to make peanut brittle with a microwave recipe. I took the glass bowl of bubbling hot corn syrup out of the microwave and set it on the counter. I didn't know there were drops of water on the counter, so the scalding hot glass bowl hit the cold water and exploded. What a mess--gooey sweet molten lava is hard to clean up! The coincidence was that we lived on the street where the fire department was, and just when the bowl shattered, the sirens went off. For a second, I was really freaking out, thinking my kitchen was on fire and they'd already seen the smoke or something. Maybe you had to be there ... but it was definitely a freaky coincidence to me. Incidentally, I've never tried to make peanut brittle again. I'll just enjoy other people's efforts, thank you!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• Ballad, I can't imagine that. How awful! I don't blame you for not wanting to make peanut brittle again.

I remember when I was younger and washing dishes when I still lived with my parents. Mom had a bunch of those Smurf glasses that were really cheap,thin glass. I put the wash cloth and my hand into the glass to clean it and the glass shattered in my hand. I freaked out. My dad came rushing in and cleaned up all the glass. Luckily I wasn't hurt. I remember for the longest time not wanting to wash any glass cups.
    tempsingl3mom

Comment by tempsingl3mom (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Oct. 9, 2013