Those of you with irregular periods: how long did it take you to get your period after taking a Plan B pill?

I almost NEVER get my periods without being on birth control. That being said, my SO and I are currently between birth control methods when our condom broke. I took the pill an hour after. I've only taken plan b once before and I had cramps and my period came in three days. This time, it's past three days and I'm not getting it yet so we're worried.

Any advice?
I just wanted to see if anyone experienced this before. We called the doctor and are waiting a few more weeks before we take a pregnancy test.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I took it once and was really late. Just remember one of those pills is essentially the equivalent of taking 8-12 birth control pills in a 24 hour period.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• It's not uncommon to have changes in your menstrual cycle after taking Plan B.
    It's recommended to wait 3 weeks before taking a pregnancy test.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 11:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• The time it takes with Plan B depends largely on where you were in your cycle when you took it. As your periods are irregular you have no means of knowing where you were. Therefore, it's anybody's guess when you will get your period.

Sorry, I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for. All I can suggest beyond that is that you wait for 2 weeks and then take a pregnancy test.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 4:00 AM on Oct. 10, 2013