Do you do your own gel nails?

If so, what products do you use and how easy is it to do them?

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 10:53 PM on Oct. 9, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• I JUST got mine done at the salon, just a shellac though, she used O.P.I. products, that you can buy on amazon but you need a UV light which range from $40-190. A whole O.P.I. starter kit with like 6 colors, the buffer and a light are $300 which seems really steep but when you consider it costs $30 + tip every time you go to the salon it pays off in the end.
    I only got the shellac because my real nails are long but they are weak and brittle so this shellac helps strengthen them
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2013

• I think I'm going to get the Gelish starter kit. I don't usually paint my nails becuase it doesn't last long, but gel nails are supposed to last a lot longer than traditional manicures. It's more expensive, but if it lasts it will be worth it.

I love OPI products, but their gel system is really expensive. I can see if you were doing them professionally, but this is just for home.
    QuinnMae

Comment by QuinnMae (original poster) at 10:42 AM on Oct. 10, 2013