I had sex July 8 and got a positive test on July 13.. Is it possiable that I gotten pregnant from the previous time I had sex? Or is it possiable to get pregnant 5 days after sex?

LexyCinnimon

Asked by LexyCinnimon at 1:20 AM on Oct. 10, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I would say it was probable that you were pregnant before July 8th. Congratulations!
    MoonFox4

Answer by MoonFox4 at 2:36 AM on Oct. 10, 2013

• Possible, but not very likely. You won't know for sure unless that was absolutely the only day you had sex.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:07 AM on Oct. 10, 2013

• No, it isn't possible to have a positive test 5 days after sex. It takes 6-10 days for the egg to implant. Then, and only then, does the body start to produce the hormone that is detected by the test and as there needs to be sufficient hormone for the test to actually show positive, I'd say no it's absolutely impossible. You were already pregnant.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 3:53 AM on Oct. 10, 2013

• When you missed your period you were already 4 weeks pregnant or 2 weeks post conception.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 AM on Oct. 10, 2013

• Pretty sure that to have a positive test takes longer than 5 days
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:39 AM on Oct. 10, 2013

• DNA test, if you had sex with more then one guy in the time frame of being able to get pregnant.

Answer by louise2 at 7:44 AM on Oct. 10, 2013

• Thanks everyone I wasn't sure of the day I got pregnant and was trying to figure it out .
    LexyCinnimon

Comment by LexyCinnimon (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Oct. 10, 2013

• Or is it possiable to get pregnant 5 days after sex?

Sure it's possible to conceive in that window of time, but what you want to know is if it's possible to get a positive home pregnancy test five days after conceiving, and it's not.
    If you tested positive on July 13 then you conceived before July 8.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 9:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2013

• You were pregnant before July 8th. The Hcg hormone is made by the placenta. It won't produce high amounts until after it has attached to the uterus. A week or so for the egg to travel the tubes, another week or so for it to implant, and still another week for enough hormone to be produced to register on a test.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:36 AM on Oct. 11, 2013

• You got pregnant before July 8th. Five days is not long enough for the pregnancy hormone to be detectable by a pregnancy test.
    katinthehat8914

Answer by katinthehat8914 at 3:12 PM on Oct. 11, 2013