Would you rather have had more toddler geared items at a baby shower, now that the kid is older? Or infant items?

I like to give gifts that are geared toward as a child grows. When my son was a toddler I appreciated I could dig out items given to us at his baby shower for when he would be a toddler. And of course that occurred so fast! His potty chair, books, even some clothes. Now that you have a toddler, do you wish you had had more toddler items at the shower? That is assuming you do not have older children who could pass their items on to the younger ones.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Oct. 10, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No. I have little room to store stuff I'm not using right now. I got (and appreciated) all baby stuff.

Answer by missanc at 8:11 AM on Oct. 10, 2013

• my fave gifts have always been diapers (not the newborn size) and wipes.
    you can never have too many and youre going to need both for a minimum of two years
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:16 AM on Oct. 10, 2013

• well it is called a baby shower after all
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 9:23 AM on Oct. 10, 2013

• Diapers 1-3 is the best baby shower gift. You can't ever have too many diapers.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:47 AM on Oct. 10, 2013

• In our family its best that baby showers cover up to 1st bday.... If people buy for toddler years during baby shower, there wont be anything to buy for bday & Xmas...
    MustBNapTime

Answer by MustBNapTime at 9:52 AM on Oct. 10, 2013

• Nope, I want stuff for the first year at the baby shower. Birthdays and Christmas tend to take care of the toddler stuff.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:29 AM on Oct. 10, 2013

• An aunt and uncle and a different cousin both gave me a bunch of toddler clothes at my baby shower. I thought it was a little strange at the time, but I sure did appreciate it later. I had more infant clothes and receiving blankets than I could ever have hoped to use, but by the time my daughter grew into the toddler outfits, they really did come in handy.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:03 PM on Oct. 10, 2013