Fed up....what else can I do?

My lil sis is 7, I have posted before about what she does to my DD who is 16 months now. Well the list of things she does includes biting, hitting, kicking, taking toys from, pushing ECT. I have talked to her and her parents (who did/do nothing about it) by now many times, and I cant keep my DD from her cause she loves her auntie...
Well today I walked in my room just in time to see my sister slap my DD across the face...so I walked over grabbed her arm and literally ripped her off the floor. I then spanked her A** so hard that my hand hurt. I know that isnt right but nothing is working...I called my dad at work to tell him what I did just so he knew, he said "good, maybe she'll stop now" so he agreed with it, 15 mins later I get a call from my step mom yelling at me for what I had done....
so my question is...Was I wrong for spanking her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• Heck no! If her parents are stepping in to take care of the monster that they have created then you need to step in to protect you DD. Good for you!!!
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:44 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• no i would have done it long before now good for you
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:45 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I dont think you were wrong at all. I wouldve done the same thing. And besides you let her / your dad know & he didnt have a problem with it, so there you go.
    bduckett0723

Answer by bduckett0723 at 12:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• youre being nicer than i would. shes 7, shes old enough to know better. a good ass spankin can be helpful. if your your stepmom doesnt like it, id tell her to piss off and come get her kid until she can behave. youve gotta protect your daughter, atleast until she can defend herself.
    sylvia10907

Answer by sylvia10907 at 12:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• You were totally right. I have dealt with the same type crap with my husbands mom and grandmother with me disciplining my step daughter and them thinking I totally had NO right to do so. I told them to mind their own damn business.
    Anonymous

• NOPE!! Id have done the same exact thing and MORE !!!LOL
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 12:59 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• no, if you need to punish her physically to teach her right and wrong because her parents wont and to protect your child please continue to beat her ass until she stops being an evil shit!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:09 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Maybe not, but even if your DD loves her why leave them alone for one second?
    Although, maybe now she'll cut it out. And tell her mom that its just what she's been doing to your daughter.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 11:01 PM on Feb. 19, 2009