How often do you get PM'ed by someone because of something you posted in Answers?

Just curious. I know it happens, but I don't know how prevalent this problem is.  I've been here for almost 6 years and have never received a nastygram, even when I had frequent heated exchanges in some sections when Answers was a different place than it is today.  I've been blocked by one person and I didn't even know who they were or when they blocked me.  

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 10:18 AM on Oct. 10, 2013 in About CafeMom

• I ask because I read people posting anon because they have stalkers. I just never really bought that. I guess it's possible, but not probable.

QuinnMae
    Comment by QuinnMae (original poster) 5 minutes ago

*IF* they have "stalkers" it's either because:
    A.) they made an ass of themselves & acted like a twunt and offended people...
    OR
    B.) Someone from their RL tracked them here. In which case it would make sense to just get a new SN.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:34 AM on Oct. 10, 2013

• It's been a while since there's been a bad one, but the worst were banned, so it stands to reason it doesn't happen like it used to. The last person to suggest they were being stalked, when asked if it was harassing pm style or something nastier suddenly stopped saying it was happening.

I think the stalking aspect gets thrown around too freely (is someone disagreed with me in two different questions the same day, or, how dare you look at my fb after I post a link to it) which is pretty insulting to those who have dealt with real stalking here, to the point of having to leave or reroll.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:35 AM on Oct. 10, 2013

• The worst of them were legitimately psychopathic, ala Meeomustnotbenamed, fortunately, those types are few and far between, because they don't need a reason. On the plus side, anyone who isn't helping them for their own amusement spots them easily
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:42 AM on Oct. 10, 2013

• I have receive a couple nastygrams which I promptly share so we could all laugh but as a general rule I do not get hardly any PM.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:27 AM on Oct. 10, 2013

• Once
    she PM'd me to thank me for an answer actually...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:27 AM on Oct. 10, 2013

• She actually chose her targets from here and jff. All you had to do was not kiss her ass or say anything she thought was about her. Being a narcissist, she thought any post that didn't call someone out by name was about her, even a few that did, but she didn't understand a nickname. If you teased a friend, she thought it was a negative comment aimed at her.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:50 AM on Oct. 10, 2013

• never not one single time
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 10:55 AM on Oct. 10, 2013

• Occasionally, but not in a long time. Mostly just things like "I'm glad we can agree to disagree" or something positive. I did get a few really crazy nastygrams from some R & B crazies years ago. That was even before RD was a separate category, I think.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:47 AM on Oct. 10, 2013

• The only nasytgram I've ever gotten was from the TPTB after a question got poofed.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:02 PM on Oct. 10, 2013

• Never. Not once. And I've said some things that I'd have expected to get responses for.

I *do* get invites to groups I have no interest in.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2013