Making a "kitty litter cake" for office party - does it need to be kept in fridge night before and served cold or room temp???

I am NOT a home cook at all and have to make something for work potluck party and am going to try to make a kitty litter cake. It is cake mix and pudding mixed together I guess. Should that be kept in fridge when I make it the night before and should it be served cold or room temp? It has tootsie rolls too and I think in the fridge those would be hard to eat but pudding should maybe be kept cold???

Dumb questions I know but need to know....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Oct. 10, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I would guess room temp. I do not like cold cakes. Plus to put them in fridge tends, at least to me, harden them. Make the night before and keep a cover over it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Oct. 10, 2013

• If you put the pudding and cake part in the fridge, could you add the Tootsie Rolls at the last minute before serving so they'll be soft? Sounds like a fun cake!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:27 AM on Oct. 10, 2013

• I would keep it in the fridge overnight, but when you get to the pot luck you can probably leave it out. I don't like warm pudding, but I am just speaking for myself. My sister also used Snickers as well. When she would have her Halloween parties they were so much fun!!
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 10, 2013

• Keep it in the fridge overnight. It doesn't matter if it's served room temp or not.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:12 PM on Oct. 11, 2013