Any of you moms watch Noggin with your kids? (I put this in P&CE for a reason)

The reason I put this under Politics is because I just saw a tribute to our new president on my kids' favorite channel. I don't remember people making this big of a deal over Reagan, Clinton, or Bush.
Has anyone else seen the tribute to Obama on Noggin? What did you think about it?

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 12:45 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I haven't seen it, but I do watch Noggin so I probably will see it lol. I think it's fine, it's a big deal in this nation's history as the first black president. I think our kids should know it's a big deal, even though I didn't support Obama.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:46 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I've seen it and I think they are teaching kids to have respect...I do think they should have done it for all presidents though
    Anonymous

• Yeah, let's start putting liberal agenda's in the minds of toddlers...hoooorayyyy. Who paid for that??
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Huh, I haven't seen it yet. That's very strange as I thought Noggin was only supposed to project commercials and such for the cartoons they played on the channel.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 12:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Haven't seen it yet - is it just about him or is it because of Black History Month? I have seen that brought up before in previous years.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• More than likely it is for Balck History Month, Nickoledeon and Cartoon Network are doing the same thing as well as PBS
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 12:53 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I have seen it. I have also seen one on several other black leaders. Monday, there was one on George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. Nick did an interview with McCain and Obama during the election.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 12:56 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Of course they're doing it because of black history month. We've never had a mixed race president before so it is a tribute to him in honor of black history month
    Anonymous

• Oh come on... Do you ever watch Nick??? They have been having kids "vote" for the president for years. I think our president deserves respect (even when I didn't agree with Bush, still thought he deserved respect) and it is not a bad thing to start with 5 and 6 year olds. Or do you think we should raise uneducated children? I bet you pass your religious and political beliefs to your children, (I do) so are you only complaining because you don't like our president? 2 and 3 year olds might be a bit young, but then I guess they really shouldn't be watching that much TV either.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 12:57 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• what is obama thinking toddlers wont be able to vote him back in to office once his four years are up.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 1:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2009