Brand image

If you do (or hypothetically) own a business, are you selective about where you advertise it? Will you let it be advertised along side things like porn sites and scam ads that most likely lead to viruses? (ala click here to get this amazing secret blah blah blah)

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 1:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2013 in Money & Work

• Another thought: would you be concerned about what kind of reviews you would get based on the experiences of users?
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:56 PM on Oct. 10, 2013

• The conspiracy theorist in me has noticed a correlation between porn ad and pedo questions.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2013

• :)
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:18 PM on Oct. 10, 2013

• To clarify - if you are not involved in a sex-related industry.....
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 2:22 PM on Oct. 10, 2013

• Well, if I were in certain lines of business, the porn ads might be a good investment. With other businesses I think it would bite me in the ass because some of my clientele may have young kids in the room or within view of said business and ads.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2013

• I own my proofreading business, and I don't advertise to the general public. But if I did, I wouldn't want my ad to appear alongside those that, in particular, exploit vulnerable or marginalized segments of the population. This may get me poofed, but I'll say it anyway--seeing the ads for the Asian women seeking love, and the heavy-handed way Admin has dealt with people who criticize them and other questionable links on the site, has made me lose a lot of respect for CM lately.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:22 PM on Oct. 10, 2013

• no I would not, I would pull my ads in a second but of course I would have to KNOW this was happening.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 3:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2013

• I would not want to be associated with anything like that, and if I found out, I would be livid! I would also want to be informed of such things happening so that I could pull my ads asap.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2013