Being around guns while 9months bad idea?

I got asked to go hunting in the woods. Im not sure how I feel about but I might be forced to go. Im worried because the baby can hear now.

Amber94

Asked by Amber94 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 10, 2013 in Pregnancy

• It nine months I would not go simply because accidents happen and because frankly you do not know when this child will decide to make his debut.
    What do you mean "forced" to go? Simply say no and stick to it.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2013

• It would be safer for you to stay home and ask a neighbor to take you to the hospital if needed or call 911 for an ambulance rather than be out in the middle of NOWHERE and possibly having the baby on the ground! My second baby only took 2 hours to come, I don't know where you hunt, but where my dad goes, that's not enough time to get to a hospital and there is no guarantee it's going to be a long labor with the chance to get to a hospital.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2013

• I think your reasons are ridiculous. I wouldn't go hunting in the woods at 9 months, not because the baby can hear sounds, but because I would not want to go into labor out in the middle of the woods.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:35 PM on Oct. 10, 2013

• forced? how so?
    I'd be more worried about you tripping and falling in the woods

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:23 PM on Oct. 10, 2013

• forced to go because they don't want me to be home alone. Im just having mixed feelings about it.
    Amber94

Comment by Amber94 (original poster) at 8:26 PM on Oct. 10, 2013

• I wouldn't go because of how far you are from a hospital, as for the gun itself unless you were o hold he gun right against your abdomen as you shoot, or were shot yourself, I'm pretty sure that would be ok. If you are being FORCED to go, maybe you need to look a little deeper at the relationship you have with the person forcing you along.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2013

• I went hunting at 9 months with all my kids.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:34 PM on Oct. 10, 2013

• Being around guns isn't the issue. The issue would be what if you trip or what if there is an accident. Or what if you go into labor.
    Also, at 9 months I'm sure you will need to go to the bathroom a lot and I'm sure that would be fun to do in the woods. Plus you won't be comfortable and your constant moving about in an attempt to get comfortable would scare off the animals.

I think a better option is for you to stay home and for the hunter to miss this season and take care of you.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 8:35 PM on Oct. 10, 2013

• I've went shooting and camping 2 days before my due date.. yeah I was scared that I'd go into labor, but labor typically takes hours.. and hours.. and houuuurs.

I wouldn't worry about the gun noise at all.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 8:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2013