Hello I am 22yrs old treated yeast infection last week and up till now I have nt seen my menstral period ,done blood test and t.p pregnacy test both showed negative still I have nt seen my menstral wh

What can be the cause of this ?can it be the antibotics treatment or there is something hospital isn't helping that much I went as far as doing hiv test all are negative so worried. And confused,help me please.

pretty154

Asked by pretty154 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 10, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• Why did you go to the hospital for a blood test? Go to your OB/GYN and discuss this issue with them. There are a number of reasons why your period could be delayed- stress, pregnancy, cancer, other health issues, or it could just be delayed.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2013

• Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 10, 2013

• butterflyblue19

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2013

• How about providing the details that are pertinent? Such as first day of your last period? When you last had sex? When did you test?

A yeast infection does not delay period.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:40 PM on Oct. 10, 2013

• Have you recently had a baby? It's normal for your period to NOT return for a long time after birth.

Otherwise, you NEED to see a doctor. Yeast infections WILL NOT delay periods, but other more serious problems can. DOCTOR. TOMORROW.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:59 PM on Oct. 10, 2013

• several things can affect your cycle, are always regular like on time or irregular like you don't know when it will show up, have you had a lot of stress lately?, yeast infection will not prevent you from having a cycle. I have been irregular all my life and i am in my 40's and still will never know when it will show up, either monthly or sometimes every 3-6 months. You need to see an OB?GYN to help you regulate or assess what is wrong if there is any.
    shechua

Answer by shechua at 3:52 AM on Oct. 14, 2013